So, you’re stuck in a financial rut and you just can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Great! Let’s get to work.
Over the last 7 years, I’ve guided thousands of people toward empowering their financial lives. In fact, some of my greatest achievements to date have been in the area of personal finance coaching. With this in mind, I’m certain that if you apply the steps described below, you will see major improvements.
By the way, this blog post is a step by step guide that should be implemented immediately for the best results.
Watch the video below:
Stop talking about it
From this moment on, forbid yourself from thinking or talking about your lack of abundance. Each time you think or speak “lack” and “scarcity”, you’re bringing more of it into your life.
I can’t afford it
I’m so poor
That’s so “expensive”
What a “rip off”
Replace your words with:
How could I afford this?
What is one small step I could take today to grow wealth?
Wow, what a price! I can’t wait to buy that without thinking twice.
This will soon be pocket change for me.
Stop the bleeding
Reduce or eliminate all low priority expenses by systematically scouring your costs and culling them.
With this one tool alone, my students have been able to reduce their monthly outgoings by between 10-40% within just an hour.
My advice is to spend a few hours to complete this process thoroughly. Reduce your unnecessary costs and expenses, redirect those costs into high yielding education and investments and you’ll literally take years off the journey toward financial independence.
If you don’t have access to the tool, don’t worry! Read this article and do it manually.
If you resent your debt, you’ll resent having to pay it off, and it will feel much harder to pay off. When we’re in a state of resentment, we restrict our creativity, flexibility and flow. By bringing gratitude to the heart and mind, we tap a powerful source of inspiration, certainty, enthusiasm and wisdom. In this state, our power is optimised.
Answer the following questions that are designed to expand your awareness:
What are 100 benefits I’ve received by having my debts?
How many trips did I get to go on?
The list of brands and clothing am I able to enjoy from this debt?
What car do I get to drive?
The experiences and divine moments have I been blessed with due to my debts?
Who was brought into my life due to this debt?
Are there lessons that I have learned?
What knowledge have I accumulated from this debt?
Who are all the individuals that I know who wish they could get loans like I’ve been able to?
Keep writing benefits and positives to balance out your negative judgments about debt. This is not about making debt “good”, it’s about transcending moral judgments altogether. When you can see that your debt has made as much of a positive difference to your life as it has made a negative difference, you’ll have a level of gratitude and respect for it as ultimately part of your life’s grand journey.
In this state of gratitude and poise, you have the highest probability of permanently and sustainably transcending debt and building true wealth.
Where’s your money?
If you want to bring more money into your life, you need to know where to find it.
Hot tip: The other humans have it!
Try this procedure that I do with my 1 on 1 mentoring clients…
- Go to Google
- Type in “Average Income in <your country here>”
- Find out the average annual income in your country.
- Multiply the number by 0.95 to approximate a 5% savings rate (and therefore a 95% spendings rate)
From this moment on, think of every single person as potential income for you. Specifically, each person you see on the street is worth the amount you calculated above, each and every year. In Australia, for example, each person I see walking around town, I think to myself, “There’s $76,000 per year!”
What this does is shift your inner dialogue from “I can’t afford it”, to “Other people have my money, so how can I lovingly serve them in a way that makes them want to give me some?”. This line of thinking will change everything in your financial world.
Get the money
There are 3 ways to get the money from the other people in the game.
- Steal it against their will. This is not sustainable, and carries a risk that generally outweighs the reward. Moreover, it will also guarantee a lack of fulfillment in your life.
- Beat them at a game they’ve agreed to play. This is called zero sum income. Every dollar you make represents a dollar they directly or indirectly lost. Trading the financial markets, professional sports, poker and competitive prize money are all examples of zero sum income. You will need to master a skill and beat others to consistently make money like this.
- Serve them. Serving people is by far the quickest way to start making money immediately, because you already have a unique gift that you could package and share with others if you’ll just take the time to look. Service to others is called positive sum income, because all transactions are inherently win/win scenario’s. Your customer wins because they get a product or service, and you win because you get the money.
Not only is service-based income the quickest and most universally available, it can also become the most rewarding and fulfilling form of income as well. Finally, a good service-based business can be scaled into a massive global empire, and the “work” can largely be systemized and delegated to staff and team as you grow.
What’s your service?
My first blog post on this site was called “How To Make Money Without a College Degree“. In that post, I shared a very specific process that can help you find your service to others. In case you missed it, here it is again:
- Grab a pen and paper.
- Create 4 columns.
- Title the 4 columns: Skill, Love, Service, Money.
- Start with what you’re good at (Skill). List all the things that you’re good at. Write an exhaustive list.
- Go to the next column (Love). If you love that which you’re good at, tick it. If not, cross it.
- Continue to the next column (Service). Ask yourself: Would I love to serve others with this skill? If so, tick it. If not, cross it.
- Again to the next column (Money). Focus only on the rows with a tick under “love” and a tick under “service”… Write 10 methods by which you could make money from this skill.
- Focus on the list of 10 methods. What can you begin today? What is a future method?
- Take the highest priority method, and ask yourself: What are the 7 highest priority actions I can take to start monetizing this skill?
- Prioritize your 7 action steps, then chunk each step down into 7 sub-steps. You will have 49 action steps in total.
- Complete one of the steps immediately.
- Keep taking daily action until all 49 action steps are completed.
- Enjoy your new income stream. Reward yourself (with moderation) and continue building your empire.
When you’re good at something, you love doing it, you take the time to build and organize a service or product with love, and you serve people with it… it’s the most fulfilling thing you could do. With some tweaking and optimisation, it can also become extremely lucrative.
So what are you waiting for?
If you’re in a financial hole and you’re open and honest enough to admit that, great! There is nothing to be ashamed of, and by definition there is “nothing to lose”. You have everything to gain, and the step-by-step process for your financial resurrection is laid out above. Do the work, and you will get the result.
- Watch the video
- Stop talking lack. Start talking abundance.
- Stop the bleeding
- Cultivate gratitude
- Find your money
- Serve the people
Remember, when we narcissistically focus on our own pleasures and pains, we pull out of service and income dries up. When we altruistically focus on giving everything we’ve got without equitable remuneration, we pull out of the fair exchange and income dries up.
Being stuck in a financial rut is a symptom that you’re out of balance. You’re either going into debt and blowing cash you haven’t earned to satisfy your need for immediate pleasures – OR you haven’t yet learned to value yourself enough to charge what you truly deserve.
When we serve others with our unique gift and ask to be remunerated fairly – we can begin to build lasting wealth.
I recently created a free 90-minute workshop that focusses on goal setting, manifestation, and financial independence. If you resonated with this blog post, you’re going to absolutely love the workshop…
If you register now, here’s what you’ll learn…
- Quantification. Learn how to quantify any goal to ensure a concrete, measurable benchmark is set.
- Visualization. Create your visual triggers to initiate the manifestation process.
- Resonation. Study how to tune your resonation to the frequency of your goals.
- Planning. Receive a Prosperity Calculator that highlights the path toward Financial Independence. Plan for success by leveraging 3 powerful wealth creation strategies that are optimized for Financial Independence in the modern age.
- Protection. Identify the hurdles, challenges, risks and drawbacks of pursuing and attaining your goal and create a detailed list of contingencies to ensure your success.
I look forward to seeing you there! 🙂